Wednesday, 21 June 2017

The importance of taking time out: A weekend break in Center Parcs Longleat Forest.

When I was growing up family holidays were always spent whizzing through the trees on rickety bikes, laughing with my family as we tried out an array of crazy sports, and making a splash whilst racing down the rapids ar Center Parcs. It's a place where some of my happiest memories were made, and a place which always brought my family all together, so when my dad booked a surprised mini break to Longleat Forest I was over the moon. 

I'm gonna miss these sunset cycles
After settling into life as a post-graduate (self-confessed) girl boss in my cute little flat, and getting used to my crazy shooting schedule which has sent me all over the country, it was so amazing to take time out last weekend with my family and boyfriend. It made me realise that I've not actually taken some time out to myself to spend with some of the most important people in my life in so long. I've been constantly on the go, getting ready for the next shoot, the next event, the next date in my diary. 

All I needed was a weekend spent in the dappled sunlight under the fir trees to make me realise that I need to make more time for these little things in life that I love. I wrote about how important the little things are in a post a year or two ago, and I guess I've become so involved in what's going on around me that I've kind of overlooked that. 
I don't think we could have picked a better weekend weather-wise...

From now on I'm going to get back to living for those sunset walks by the sea (or cycles round the lake as was the case last weekend!). I'm going to focus on taking time away from the hustle and bustle of life, and here's why... 

1. It gives a chance to recharge

I have a habit of overdoing things. I try and squeeze in everything I possibly can into each and every day. Of course, this is sometimes a good thing. It means I'm productive, organised, and I get shit done. But this often leaves me feeling so exhausted and run down. Sometimes it's good to have a day where you simply do nothing. After a weekend of cycling, breathing in the fresh air and eating good food I feel so energised.

2. It gives you time to reflect

I guess with starting a new job, moving away from home and getting into the swing of working life I feel as though I've almost neglected the things that were so important to me just a few short months ago. I feel far more focused and I'm ready to put those things first; this little blog of mine being one of them!
Finishing the weekend off with a delicious pancake stack at The Pancake House

3. Makes you feel so energised

I'm back in work and ready to smash it! I feel far more energetic, well-rested and happy. It was also so lovely to spend a few cosy nights in with my favourite person too! Taking time to rest and to relax is so important for the body and mind. 

4. It allows you to step away from social media

Not gonna pretend I went the whole weekend without posting on Instagram, scrolling through my Twitter feed and snap chatting the hilarity of me trying to cycle (major lols), but not being glued to my phone was simply amazing. I spend way too much time on the damn thing. 
Making wonderful memories with my favourite person

So here's to making more time for ourselves!
Lots of love. xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I definitely think it's good to take breaks from social media etc now and again and to re-charge x

    LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  2. omg these make so much sense! I totally agree with you on these!
    you have such an awesome blog honey! i'm following! and i would love if you could visit my blog, and maybe follow me too =)
    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to take a step back and enjoyed life and your family and friends! You don't want to be to busy!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo first of all I LOVE your pictures in this post lady; so, so nice! Completely agree with this post, everyone needs some time out, I recently took my parents to Cornwall for their 60th and it was SO nice to just switch off for a few days, we honestly didn't stop laughing the whole time! SO glad you had the best time you beautiful lady! P.s that pancake stack though...

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to Longleat earlier this year and I really want to go back to the Center Parcs, it looks amazing! Taking time out is so important, especially when you have a manic work schedule but I also know how hard it is to do, particularly when you're in the middle of a big piece of work. I made time to go to Edinburgh in Feb during a ridiculously busy time of work: one minute it was Christmas and the next minute it was a week 'til March and I'd not stopped. Even just a long weekend made a huge difference to how I felt when I got back to the office x

    ReplyDelete
  6. some time away from social media is always a good thing and what a lovely place to go to have a break. i definitely need to plan more weekends like this to relax and take my mind off being so busy! x

    www.thedressdiaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS