Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Celebrating 4 wonderful years of blogging.

In the midst of all the new job, new flat and work travel excitement, I completely missed my little blog's fourth birthday. FOUR YEARS. I've published content on my corner of the web (almost) weekly, sometimes daily, for the past four years and, despite the changes in the blogosphere over the last twelve months, blogging has become an absolute passion, a huge part of my life, and has taught me so so much. 

I always harper on about why I started my blog, seeing it as an opportunity to express my creativity and occupy myself as I was seriously homesick and lonely during the first twelve months of university. It truly has become so much more than that; at times blogging has teetered on the borderline of obsession. I'm always thinking of new things to write about, always on the hunt for new locations to pose for outfit photos, am forever snapping pictures of everything for my Instagram feed, and constantly scrolling through Twitter for the next chat to get involved in. 
Currently, with the beginning of a new chapter in my life, it's an escapism and a way for me to continue to write and be creative across social platforms. It's a way for me to chat to likeminded people who have become wonderful friends, to keep up to date with the latest trends, to indulge in the current blogger obsessions (yep, guilty!). And although the posts may be a little less frequent, the tweets and Insta-snaps a little refined, the love for what I created four years ago is still there and will continue to grow. 

Blogging has taught me that I am passionate, hardworking, and has reaffirmed my love for being creative, through words, design and pictures. It's taught me that I have a love for photography, and being afforded the opportunity to work with fantastic brands and to attend exclusive events has provided me with confidence in my ability and in myself as a person, as I work with and meet new people from far-flung places. It's brought me a wealth of fantastic friends, who are so supportive and encourage me in my everyday endeavours. And it's brought me lots of happiness. Through blogging I have achieved so much, especially as I continued to blog alongside my studies and struggles as I tried to land my dream post-graduate job, and for that I am so proud. 

I wrote a post a little while ago about the sustainability of the blogging industry, questioning my place within the blogosphere. With so many bloggers' career prospects booming, and the same faces popping up across different campaigns, it can be a little disheartening when you pour your heart into something and don't achieve quite the same level of success. But I started this blog as a way to enjoy writing and I feel the friends I've made, the memories I've created and the fun I've had along the way are the most amazing added bonuses. 

Here's to four years of blogging, and may there be many more!
Lots of love. xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations.. happpy 4 years! x

    www.natalieleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy four years, that's wonderful! I agree that it can be disheartening when you see others succeed and feel as though your work isn't recognized, but if you love what you do, you'll always want to create more. It brings me so much joy to blog, so I hope I can hold on to that when it gets tough. Thank you for always sharing such reflective and honest posts! xx

    Sending light & love your way,
    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) It brings me so much joy too! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  3. Well done, Jessie!

    Liam x
    liamjhavard.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really feel with everything you've written in this post. A few days ago I marked my seventh (!!!) year of blogging, and I don't ever think I'll stop blogging, I love it too much. However, it can be really disheartening sometimes, seeing other bloggers booming in business, who's only been in the game for a few months. While I sit here, constantly updating and improving my place on the internet, and never reaches over a few hundred readers. Oh well, I do it for myself, so I guess I'll keep doing it even though I never gain an audience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven years is amazing and something to be so proud of! I'm going to be taking it back to basics and want to remember why I started! I blog for myself and that's the most important thing xx

      Delete
  5. Happy blog birthday! xxx

    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4 years lovely! Blogging is definitely an obsession of mine too - especially when it comes to social media and snapping photos ALL the time! Much to my boyfriends dismay haha. I must get into reading blogs more, I've missed reading your posts! xx

    Hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY lovely lady!! <3 Four years and still smashing it girl! Proud of you!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS