Sunday, 8 January 2017

Going in a new direction.

I've been thinking of writing this post for a while, and I feel now is the time. New year, new me, all that jazz; I've decided to go in a new direction with All Things Beautiful, and I really hope you'll join me on my journey. 
I've now been writing ATB for almost four whole years, and I've posted at least twice weekly throughout this time (apart from a slight blip when studying for my finals last year). Blogging really has taken over my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's taught me so much - not just in terms of the blogging industry and digital media - but about myself. I've found my writing style, I've learned I have a love for photography, it's made me more confident as I've met new people and have had some wonderful experiences.
Jumper - New Look (shop here)
Jeans - Topshop (shop similar)
Boots - Primark (shop similar)
Jewellery - Pandora rings and Michael Kors watch

As my blog has grown, so have I. In four years I've gone from a 19 year old, worried, homesick student typing up blog posts in my tiny university bedroom to a far more confident and independent (almost) 23 year old, who is ready to take on the world by storm. I'm ready to start new things, to take new directions, and I feel like All Things Beautiful is too.
ATB started as a beauty blog - I'd write reviews on pretty much any beauty products I could get my hands on, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved having my own creative space and discovering new blogs. After a few months I started incorporating more lifestyle/fashion posts - very basic at first, but over the years some of my most popular posts have been the ones I've written about myself and my experiences. Whether it's looking back on my university experiences, sharing advice on how to juggle blogging with full-time education, my goals and dreams, and even my advice on how to live a healthier lifestyle.
Since the summer I've slowly started incorporating look books into my blog. It's something I really enjoy doing as I love experimenting with my personal style, and in 2017 I want to work on these to continue improving my skills and sharing more outfits with you.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that All Things Beautiful has become so much more than a beauty blog. It's now a reflection of my every day life, and I really enjoy sharing it. Personal lifestyle posts are my favourite to read, and to write, and ultimately they seem to be the ones that people enjoy most on my blog. So I'm going to run with it. I'm going to continue sharing little snippets of my daily life in the hope that you guys enjoy reading it. I've got so many ideas up my sleeve, and I'm really excited to share them with you.
Of course, that doesn't mean I'll be saying goodbye to the odd beauty review, as makeup is still a huge passion of mine. I'm just going to be looking at blogging from a whole new direction. Think fitness, fashion, travel, and a whole lotta lifestyle, with beauty bits peeking through in between!

Here's to a new chapter...
Lots of love. xoxo

42 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all the lifestyle posts you have planned! Like you, I started blogging nearly 4 years ago when I was 18/19. It's so amazing to see how far you have come!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It really is so nice to look back and see how we've developed. xx

      Delete
  2. Yay Jessie! Love this post and what it stands for. I know what you mean, it feels right it should be moving on. Plus, you look fab! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Glad you've found your blogging niche and I love reading all your posts. The jumper your wearing is super cute too :) polishedcouture.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing!! It's great that you expand your blog to so many different aspects, I know your posts about fitness, lifestyle, fashion and more are going to be super fun to read.

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo I think that's an awesome idea - I'm all about reading varied content!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your new direction, I love the diversity you're bringing to your blog <3

    Mel ★ http://www.meleaglestone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you go gurl !! I love your jumper btw !!

    www.paulydays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great idea! I hope it works out for you and I'll carry on reading :) Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post lady - it's so exciting to take a slightly new direction! P.s I LOVE that jumper on you!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is exciting! :D Thanks so much lovely xx

      Delete
  10. Yes! I adore reading lifestyle posts so count me in on your journey! Loving your jumper here also and the pretty surroundings :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! It was actually just a random lane near my nan's house but worked well :D xx

      Delete
  11. Oh that sounds exciting! Can't wait to see where 2017 will take you.

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! That is the beauty of blogging.. you never know where it takes you and most often it is a wonderfully unexpected journey of personal growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! It is so nice to see how you grow as a blogger and a person. xx

      Delete
  13. Completely understand how as you've grown up your blog has changed, I'm completely the same with mine! x
    Freyas Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to mix things up and see how you've progressed! xx

      Delete
  14. Amazing. Love your blog and looking forward to seeing it in the new direction. KBxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post! So much of this post resonates with my own life. Blogging started as a hobby for me too, but I just love it! Best wishes for your new direction,
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! :) It's a really fab hobby xx

      Delete
  16. Excited to see what your ideas are, I'm sure they're going to be amazing :) Also, I saw that jumper in New Look the other day and have been thinking of it ever since #beaut

    Sinéad| Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sinead! :D Aw I know - I just couldn't resist! xx

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous outfit! And you have such a pretty blog header x

    Frey de Fleur | www.freydefleur.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely casual look I'm all about casual in winter!! Love the jumper the flowers round the shoulder area really make it extra cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Happy New Year to you and your family!! Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I love the jumper too. Happy new year to you too beautiful xx

      Delete
  19. I have a blog that started off as a fashion blog, but now I have a lot of lifestyle and DIY posts and I enjoy having a blog with diverse content. I really like your blog, hope you have and amazing year!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fun to write about totally diverse topics! xx

      Delete
  20. This is such a lovely post and you look absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done with everything, really looking forward to seeing more and wishing you a wonderful 2017! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS