Sunday, 4 September 2016

OOTD | My go-to transitional season outfit.

It definitely feels very autumnal as I'm writing this. I've got the candles, fluffy blanket and fairy lights out in full force, I'm snuggled up on the sofa watching reality TV, and the rain is absolutely hammering it down outside. I love it though. Autumn is such a warm, cosy month and although I get sad saying goodbye to the summer, I do look forward to the darker nights and all the excitement autumn brings. 
A few days ago it was my mum's birthday, and as it was a beautifully sunny day we headed to the coast for a day by the sea. We walked along the clifftops at St Govan's taking in the sea air, had lunch in the sunshine at the tiniest of tearooms, strolled around beautiful lily ponds, with views of blue skies and baby swans swimming in the distance. It was just what we both needed as August was a pretty hectic month (read about it here) and it was a lovely way to end what's admittedly been quite a stressful summer.  
I decided to wear my go-to outfit for when we're between seasons that day. It's quite an odd time of year, the start of September, as it can sometimes be so gorgeously sunny in the day, but as soon as the dark sets in it's really quite cold. So I took what would be a pretty summer's outfit, and transformed it into one that works both ways, with some biker boots, shades and a denim jacket.

The top is a pretty embroidered crop from Topshop and I just love the detail and the monochrome style. It's great to wear in the summer and can also be worn in the winter, with a turtle neck black top underneath to create a quirky layered look. I teamed it with a simple, black denim skirt from Miss Selfridge. This is such a wardrobe staple at the moment. It's easy to wear with anything and I love the button detail at the front. I actually have the skirt in black, white and light blue denim so, as you can probably tell, I really love them!

It was seriously windy down by the coast so I was so glad I'd remembered to take a denim jacket. This one is actually a bargain buy from Primark from a few years ago and I wear it so often. It's just perfect for throwing on over outfits and for adding a casual vibe to your look. I particularly love the light colouring, which makes it a great transitional outfit piece. 

The biker boots are last season (or maybe even the season before that), are from New Look and are my absolute faaaaves. They're quite chunky, so may not fit some outfits, but they're so comfy and I love how they bring a little edge to what would otherwise be quite a girly outfit. I teamed them with plain black socks peeking out of the top, and I'm definitely going to be on the hunt for a similar boot this coming season. 

So there we have my first "official" look book on All Things Beautiful, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It's been a mission of mine to add more outfit posts to my blog as I love getting dressed up and have a wardrobe overflowing with clothes to show you. I just feel like I always like so ridiculous when posing. Other bloggers look like VS models. Me? I look like a turnip sprouting out against the sunlight. Nevertheless, I decided to give it a proper try last week and it was actually so much fun to do. The beautiful scenery definitely helps though! I'm really hoping I can start making look books a more regular feature now I've (almost) finished university. I feel they just take your blog to a whole new level... 

What's your go-to transitional season outfit?
Do you like this look?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Denim jackets are perfect for transitioning, especially in a lighter shade they're perfect for summer evenings. Great post x
    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mum's birthday sounds absolutely perfect lovely. Love this look too, biker boots are my absolute fave for any month, gorgeous look!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely day, thanks hun! : ) I'm obsessed with biker boots. xx

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit! Love the monochrome top and beautiful backdrop!

    www.duchessoffashion.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You're right it's such a stunning backdrop. xx

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous outfit and some lovely photos Jessie! The backdrop is stunning :)
    Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ambar! I agree - it's so beautiful :) xx

      Delete
  5. Cute look. Blazera and denim jackets are perfect for the transition from summer to autumn. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your biker boots, denim jackets are the perfect piece for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mate you look gorgeous! More posing please!! Your photos every single time get me so envious, and your style...can I just be you, please?

    Sarah xo // seethestars.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you babe! Thank you so much you lovely lady :D xx

      Delete
  8. The embroidered top is so cute and elegant at the same time! Love it! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  9. That top is the prettiest! I love the embroidered details, plus I can see it working well with a collared shirt layered underneath for autumn!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes I'll definitely have to give that a try! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  10. Fab post hun, I have to agree I am definitely looking forward to the start of Autumn! I love this outfit the detail on your top is so gorgeous!

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous Jess, I love your boots! They look so comfy xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma! They're seriously comfy :D xx

      Delete
  12. Love this outfit. You look super cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pretty top and skirt combo! Nice photos!


    www.adaydreamortwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS